The Masonic Funeral for W∴ Lou Thomas, sitting Master of Pinellas Daylight Lodge, will be on Tuesday November 12th at 11:30 AM at Anderson McQueen Funeral Home, 2201 Dr. MLK Jr. St N., St Petersburg. Memorial Lodge No. 18 will assist Pinellas Daylight Lodge in this service, but all are encouraged to attend and demonstrate our respect for this dedicated Mason.
The District 18 Traveling Gavel didn’t stay long at Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291. It was retrieved on Thursday October 24th during an EA Degree by members of Northside Lodge No. 283. Thirty three Masons enjoyed a wonderful evening.
Gulf Beach Lodge retrieved the Traveling Gavel from Star Lodge last night at the District Deputy Grand Master’s Official Visit. A great time was had by all. The purpose of the Traveling Gavel is to promote visitation between the Lodges of District 18.
(L-R Mark Niceley, Joe Sosa, Mark Sawa-Szostak, Jim Clouser)
40 Masons from 12 Lodges in District 18 enjoyed a great evening of fellowship last night at our bi-monthly SMMA meeting. Here is some of what went on….
* Lodges spoke about their upcoming events and activities (check the SMMA calendar)
* The Secretary is continuing to hone the membership database
* Pilgrimage Day is March 21st this year at the Home
* There will be a car show & BBQ cookoff at Pilgrimage Day
* Bylaws Change was approved regarding membership
* So far there are 12 brothers interested in a Degree Team for Competition
* The Hot Gavel is at Sutherland Lodge
* The Traveling Gavel is at Star Lodge
* The Unity Gavel is at Gulf Beach Lodge
* A tentative Shot Gun/Trap Shoot is slated for December 21st at Skyway Trap
* Nominations were read for the 2020 officers
* There will be a second SMMA outing at the end of October TBA
* The next SMMA meeting will be at the Masonic Home on November 20th
The SMMA would like to extend their appreciation to everyone who helped with a successful Shrimp Boil and a huge thank you to those who enjoyed the Shrimp and fixings!
Wow! FIVE sitting Masters at a double Master Mason Degree at Clearwater Lodge. EIGHT first time visitors also in attendance. Clearwater knows how to do it RIGHT!
R∴W∴ Rick Wendling, District Deputy Grand Master of Florida District 18 held his first official visit at Gulf Beach Lodge last night in presence of 44 Masons. R∴W∴ Wendling received an honorary membership to Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291. A great time was had by all in attendance.
Join R∴W∴ Rick Wendling at Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291 (14020 Marguerite Dr. Madeira Beach) for his first official visit Thursday June 6th. There is a meal (Shepherd’s Pie) at 6:30 PM and the meeting to follow at 7:30 PM.