Gulf Beach Lodge retrieved the Traveling Gavel from Star Lodge last night at the District Deputy Grand Master’s Official Visit. A great time was had by all. The purpose of the Traveling Gavel is to promote visitation between the Lodges of District 18.
(L-R Mark Niceley, Joe Sosa, Mark Sawa-Szostak, Jim Clouser)
40 Masons from 12 Lodges in District 18 enjoyed a great evening of fellowship last night at our bi-monthly SMMA meeting. Here is some of what went on….
* Lodges spoke about their upcoming events and activities (check the SMMA calendar)
* The Secretary is continuing to hone the membership database
* Pilgrimage Day is March 21st this year at the Home
* There will be a car show & BBQ cookoff at Pilgrimage Day
* Bylaws Change was approved regarding membership
* So far there are 12 brothers interested in a Degree Team for Competition
* The Hot Gavel is at Sutherland Lodge
* The Traveling Gavel is at Star Lodge
* The Unity Gavel is at Gulf Beach Lodge
* A tentative Shot Gun/Trap Shoot is slated for December 21st at Skyway Trap
* Nominations were read for the 2020 officers
* There will be a second SMMA outing at the end of October TBA
* The next SMMA meeting will be at the Masonic Home on November 20th
The SMMA would like to extend their appreciation to everyone who helped with a successful Shrimp Boil and a huge thank you to those who enjoyed the Shrimp and fixings!
Wow! FIVE sitting Masters at a double Master Mason Degree at Clearwater Lodge. EIGHT first time visitors also in attendance. Clearwater knows how to do it RIGHT!
R∴W∴ Rick Wendling, District Deputy Grand Master of Florida District 18 held his first official visit at Gulf Beach Lodge last night in presence of 44 Masons. R∴W∴ Wendling received an honorary membership to Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291. A great time was had by all in attendance.
Join R∴W∴ Rick Wendling at Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291 (14020 Marguerite Dr. Madeira Beach) for his first official visit Thursday June 6th. There is a meal (Shepherd’s Pie) at 6:30 PM and the meeting to follow at 7:30 PM.
There will be a Memorial Service for M∴W∴ John E. Karroum, who passed to the celestial Lodge above early last Friday evening, to be held on Saturday June 15th at 10:00 AM at Boynton Lodge No. 236 (2701 Quantum Blvd, Boynton Beach, Florida). Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers, and please, respect their privacy.